Claims Management Associate
PlanGap is seeking to hire a strategic position of a Claims Management Associate. Our mission has been to bring together the world’s greatest innovators in finance and insurance to build a suite of products that help people regain control of their retirement plans. we are pioneering a new category of services – “retirement insurance” – and we’re doing this to protect Americans from the possibility of broken promises with Social Security, pensions and other retirement income sources. This role will allow the employee to shape their career in the Cyber industry while simultaneously shaping a growing InsurTech startup with PlanGap. Prepare to work alongside talented individuals to assist in building procedures and programs to effectively handle and improve the claims handling experience. The applicant should be highly motivated and excited to build thought leadership in the Cyber claims industry.
- Develop and implement claims technology and processes for optimal use by our insurance carrier partners.
- Assist in the development of technology that will promptly acknowledge claims submissions, and send acknowledgments to policyholders, brokers and carriers.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to manage the processing of trigger-based and manual claims.
- Ensure new claims files are appropriately categorized into database.
- Routinely run simulated claims and spending reports for our insurance carrier partners.
- Understand the current operational process for claims and explore ways to improve as we continue to grow.
- Maintain frequent interaction with Underwriting team to communicate claim developments and trends.
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and reporting on results of assigned special projects.
- 8+ years of professional experience in insurance claims with 5+ years of management experience.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – yet flexible enough to adapt to changes required for dynamic growth.
- Excellent process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and design and effectively roll out improvements to the teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to drive alignment through leadership and influence.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to use empathy to enhance the claims experience.
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions.
- Insurtech experience and adjuster license a plus.
- Insurance licensing in applicable states required. PlanGap will reimburse employees for related educational and licensing costs.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line Claims Management Associate
Number of Openings: 1
Potential Salary: $60,000
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Benefits: 401(k), Health insurance, Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30004
Who We Are:
PlanGap is a vertically integrated financial services firm dedicated to the mitigation of public-policy and retirement related risk.
Our firm has designed and developed a suite of PlanGap “trigger‐based” annuity and life insurance products to solve the fundamental retirement concern of broken promises. For the first time in history, Americans will be able to hedge the promises that have been made to them in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
PlanGap is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for America’s current and future retirees.
PlanGap is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PlanGap without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PlanGap maintains a drug-free workplace.