Cyber Security Analyst
PlanGap is seeking to hire a strategic position of a Cyber Security Analyst. Our mission has been to bring together the world’s greatest innovators in finance and insurance to build a suite of products that help people regain control of their retirement plans. We are pioneering a new category of services – “retirement insurance” – and we’re doing this to protect Americans from the possibility of broken promises with Social Security, pensions and other retirement income sources. Prepare to work alongside talented individuals to assist in building procedures and programs to effectively handle and improve the claims handling experience. The applicant should be highly motivated and excited to build thought leadership in the Cyber claims industry.
Install and implement security measures to protect claims systems and information infrastructure. Provides timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, or anomalous activities. Creates, monitors, and maintains safeguards to ensure the security of all systems.
- Distinguishes possible attacks from benign activities within the enterprise.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Receives and analyzes network alerts and determines possible causes for the alerts.
- Documents and escalates incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activity relevant to cyber defense practices.
- Identifies and analyzes anomalies in network traffic using metadata.
- Identifies network mapping and operating system (OS) fingerprinting activities.
- Monitors external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) of cyber defense threat condition and determines which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Validates intrusion detection system (IDS) alerts against network traffic.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years IT security experience.
- Experience with an enterprise log management system or SIEM (i.e., Splunk, Elastic, AlienVault, etc.), OSCP, GPEN, LPT or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (e.g., Release Management, Patch Management).
- Knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques, network systems management principles, and tools.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity, defense, policies, regulations, and privacy.
- Knowledge of cyber threats, vulnerabilities and their impact.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms and encryption methodologies.
- Knowledge of scripting language (e.g. Python, PERL, BASH, PowerShell).
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills.
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite).
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line Cyber Security Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Potential Salary: $62,500
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Benefits: 401(k), Health insurance, Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30004
Who We Are:
PlanGap is a vertically integrated financial services firm dedicated to the mitigation of public-policy and retirement related risk.
Our firm has designed and developed a suite of PlanGap “trigger‐based” annuity and life insurance products to solve the fundamental retirement concern of broken promises. For the first time in history, Americans will be able to hedge the promises that have been made to them in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
PlanGap is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for America’s current and future retirees.
PlanGap is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PlanGap without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PlanGap maintains a drug-free workplace.