SAS/SQL Data Analyst (Level III)
PlanGap is seeking to hire a strategic position of a SAS/SQL Data Analyst (Level III). Our mission has been to bring together the world’s greatest innovators in finance and insurance to build a suite of products that help people regain control of their retirement plans. We are pioneering a new category of services – “retirement insurance” – and we’re doing this to protect Americans from the possibility of broken promises with Social Security, pensions and other retirement income sources. The applicant should be highly motivated and excited to build thought leadership in the retirement insurance industry.
As an SAS/SQL Data Analyst (Level III) at PlanGap, you will be responsible for performing more complex analysis and modeling for multiple products with the goal of maximizing profits and asset growth and minimizing risk and operating losses and/or other financial and marketing exposures. Develop complex program models to extract data and use multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data. Utilize portfolio trends to propose policy/procedural changes within segmentation structure to produce optimal results. Excel at risk/reward trade off. Build relationships with external agencies. Participate in the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models. Duties primarily include the regular use of discretion, independent judgment, the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and the utilization of core leadership behaviors. SAS and/or MicroStrategy experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field; such as mathematics engineering, statistics, data science, or computer science.
- 3-5 Years Intermediate or Advanced SAS, SQL and Python experience.
- To pursue a career as a SAS/SQL analyst with PlanGap, you’ll need to possess excellent numerical and analytical skills, and you must be a good communicator. A big part of your job is interpreting raw data to make predictions, and you must be able to communicate your observations and insights to people who are not experts in statistics or data science. You will collaborate with programmers and other analysts to analyze and forecast industry and market trends.
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills.
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite).
- Advanced Excel abilities (advanced functions).
- Advanced Proficiency in Data Mining and Data Analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line SAS/SQL Data Analyst (Level III)
Number of Openings: 1
Potential Salary: $62,500
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Benefits: 401(k), Health insurance, Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30004
Who We Are:
PlanGap is a vertically integrated financial services firm dedicated to the mitigation of public-policy and retirement related risk.
Our firm has designed and developed a suite of PlanGap “trigger‐based” annuity and life insurance products to solve the fundamental retirement concern of broken promises. For the first time in history, Americans will be able to hedge the promises that have been made to them in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
PlanGap is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for America’s current and future retirees.
PlanGap is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PlanGap without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PlanGap maintains a drug-free workplace.