Policy Research Associate (Level II)
PlanGap is seeking to hire a strategic position of a Policy Research Associate to provide programmatic support services to our insurance carrier and distribution partners in terms of Social Security policy. We are looking for creative, collaborative, experienced and driven individuals to join our team!
• Develop materials aimed at educating internal and external teams about current and future Social Security-related policy, to include but not limited to fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, talking points and briefing documents.
• Collect information from appropriate Social Security subject matter experts to inform the development of policy materials aimed at educating internal and external teams regarding program impacts based on former and newly introduced congressional bills and policies.
• Update our policy reporting systems and tools to monitor trends and analyze. This includes the review of rules and regulations relevant to programmatic activities and providing guidance in the form of written summaries.
• Track Social Security policy requests/responses from legislative, judicial and executive branches of government, as well as from the Social Security Administration for regular reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Perform policy analysis and interpretation of requests from Congressional staff, other Federal Agencies, and have ability to generate reports and supporting documentation as needed.
• Review proposed and implemented rules and regulations to identify potential outcomes related to the state and strength of the Social Security program. Reporting of these findings must include a summary of the impact of proposed legislation and recommendations for how internal and external teams may address these issues.
• Disseminate critical Social Security-related news and information by generating written reports or presentations to leadership on internal and external teams on a weekly to monthly basis.
• Provide support for calls with internal and external teams performing the associated tasks for the meetings: including developing agendas, sending invitations to participants, identifying conference call numbers, drafting and disseminating meeting minutes, and drafting supporting documents that could include task lists, summary documents, and white papers.
• Research and prepare responses sometimes on a weekly or monthly basis to ad-hoc or recurring inquiries received in writing or telephonically (e.g., Congressional briefing materials).
• Develop talking points for partner meetings, including: key messages and briefing materials that will be used to inform partnership meetings.
• Travel with PlanGap senior management on relevant business trips in order to discuss the state of the Social Security programs and predictions of future of the program.
• BS or master’s degree in public policy, public administration, political science, policy communications or related field.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in public policy, public administration, communications, partnership development, or related field.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line Policy Research Associate.
Number of Openings: 1
Potential Salary: $60,000
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Benefits: 401(k), Health insurance, Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location with occasional (25-30%) travel.
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30004
Who We Are:
PlanGap is a vertically integrated financial services firm dedicated to the mitigation of public-policy and retirement related risk.
Our firm has designed and developed a suite of PlanGap “trigger‐based” annuity and life insurance products to solve the fundamental retirement concern of broken promises. For the first time in history, Americans will be able to hedge the promises that have been made to them in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
PlanGap is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for America’s current and future retirees.
PlanGap is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PlanGap without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PlanGap maintains a drug-free workplace.